Date: 7/12/09 - 7/16/09
Dr. Anne Marie Api Chairs QRA Session at the 35th Annual Summer Meeting of The Toxicology Forum
RIFM is a co-sponsor of the 35th Annual Summer Meeting of the Toxicology Forum held from July12-16, 2009 at the Given Institute in Aspen, Colorado.
Dr. Anne Marie Api, RIFM Vice President of Human Health Sciences, chairs a 1/2 day session on the Quantitative Risk Assessment for Dermal Sensitization: What's An Acceptable Exposure? The session included a panel discussion. Topics and speakers:
- Dermal Sensitization Risk Assessment, Scientific Principles - Carsten Goebel, Procter & Gamble
- Dermal Sensitization Quantitative Risk Assessment for Fragrance Ingredients - Anne Marie Api, RIFM
- A Dermatologist's Perspective - Donald Belsito, Div. of Dermatology, Univ. of Missouri, Kansas City
- A US Consumer Products Regulatory Perspective - Joanna Matheson, Consumer Products Safety Commission
- US EPA/OPP Perspective on Assessment of Dermal Sensitization Risk for Wood Preservative Antimicrobials - Tim McMahon, US EPA, Office of Pesticide Programs
The Panel Discussion included all speakers plus Linda Katz, US FDA Representative and Alan Andersen, Scientific Director, Cosmetic Ingredient Review.
The Toxicology Forum's meetings cover emerging and timely issues relevant to toxicology in human health and the environment. They aim to explore in depth issues in applied and regulatory toxicology through a unique format that is intellectually stimulating and professionally relevant.
Members of lte Toxicology Forum may view the presentations at http://www.toxforum.org/Content/Recent+Meetings/Summer+2009/.
The Toxicology Forum 35th Annual Summer Meeting Announcement